Get Set…Go!, Volume 1
is a stunning PowerPoint presentation containing
45 warm up activities and solutions for language arts students, grades 5-9.
Although students may view this on laptops or tablets, this presentation is intended to be displayed via digital projector or SmartBoard.
There are 9, 5-minute activities (with looping animations) for each of the following 5 word/vocabulary skills:
- Avoiding Cliches
- Distinguishing Confusing Words, Part 1
- Distinguishing Confusing Words, Part 2
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Solving Analogies
In addition, Get Set…Go!, Volume 1
- a 3-minute, animated, skill overview for each of the 5 skill sections;
- a unique hint tailored to each problem;
- a clickable table of contents;
- a scrollable linked index;
- and a teacher’s checklist slide for tracking problems presented.
The teacher may elect to…
- display each problem just prior to students’ arrival for class.
- click the looping animation for each problem to engage student interest.
- allow 4-5 minutes for students to process and produce written responses.
- show the unique hint for each problem.
- display the solution slide for feedback and discussion.
Like the other 3 volumes in this series, Get Set…Go!, Volume 1
, is compatible with all major browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
Although students may view this on laptops or tablets, they would have immediate access to solutions. Therefore, Get Set…Go!
is intended to be displayed via digital projector or SmartBoard.
Free and Full Downloads
A free, fully-functioning Demo Edition
is available for evaluation.
You may also elect to purchase the Full Edition
for your permanent collection of classroom resources.
3 additional volumes of the Get Set…Go! series are coming soon! Details and availability targets appear below:
- Volume 2, Sentences (available on or about August 20, 2016)
Correcting Run On Sentences, Avoiding Choppy Sentences, Correcting Sentence Fragments, Modifying Wordy Sentences, Changing Sentence Structure
- Volume 3, Usage (available on or about September 20, 2016)
Double Negatives, Faulty Parallelism, Dangling Modifiers/Participles, Pronoun Case and Order, Subject-Verb Agreement
- Volume 4, Mechanics (available on or about October 20, 2016)
Capitalization, Use Commas to Separate, Use Commas to Enclose, Quotation Marks, Apostrophes/Colons/Semicolons
The easiest and quickest way to check availability is to scan the top 2 or 3 posts on the News on Tools
Thanks so much for your interest, and especially, thanks for all you do for our kids!
Return to Daily Teaching Tools from Warm Up Activities: 45 Problems/Solutions for Language Arts